Eyeliners and their Types
Eyeliner is a cosmetic used to define the eyes when applied around its contours. Eyeliner is used to achieve various aesthetic effects while doing someone’s makeup. There are various types of eyeliners available for purchase in the market. Let us see some of the eyeliner types and their purpose.
Eyeliner can vary in purpose depending on its texture. You can softly be smudged or clearly define your eyes with an Eye Liner. Here, we are discussing six main types of Eyeliners available on the market, each for a different purpose:
- Liquid Eyeliner: It is an opaque liquid that usually comes in small bottles. It is applied with a small sharp-tipped brush to create a clean and precise line. Liquid eyeliner is best utilized to create sharp and winged eyeliner. This eyeliner gives a heavier appearance as it is selectively purposed for the upper lash line.
- Powder-based Eye Pencil: This eyeliner is a wood pencil generally available in dark and matted shades.
- Wax-based Eye Pencils: These soft pencils contain waxes for easy application. The wax eye pencil comes in a variety of intense colors and paler shades, be it white or beige. Wax-based eyeliners also come in a cone/compact brush applicator. These are the cheapest and most ubiquitous eyeliner of all forms.
- Kohl Eyeliner: This soft powder is available in dark matte shades, and often used to outline the eyes black. It comes in the following forms which are easier to smudge:
- Pressed powder
- Loose powder
- Gel Eyeliner: This soft gel liner can be easily applied with a brush and has a much softer touch than Kohl’s.
- Cake Eyeliner: This eyeliner is dry in formula but you can wet it with water or set spray using a brush. Cake eyeliners are offered in many colors and shades and are used for graphic eyeliner looks.
- Shimmer Eyeliner: This eyeliner is available in different bright colors to be applied to the upper and lower eyelid.
What is a typical Eyeliner composed of?
If you ask us, typical wax-based eyeliner is made up of 20 components, out of which half the weight of the eyeliner is wax, like Japanese wax, fats, or related soft materials. Waxes are used to give an easy gliding effect on the skin. You can find the compound Stearyl heptanoate in most of our cosmetic eyeliners. Some of the typical elements for pigmentation include the following:
- Black Iron oxides
- Titanium Dioxide
- Prussian Blue
Get the best eye-liners at Beauty Bliss
Beauty Bliss offers an amazing collection of eyeliners that can further accentuate your eyes. Our infirmary stocks a variety of liquid, gel, and pencil eyeliners. We believe that eyeliner can make a big difference to your look, by making them appear brighter and wide awake. You can tell that the liquid eyeliner is darker and more pigmented than an eyeliner pencil. This gives a perfect dramatic look to the wearer. You can use liquid with pencil eyeliner to create a simmering intensity for your smokey eyes.
In our collection, we also have glide gel eyeliners, which are highly pigmented, but easily applicable, just like an eye pencil. It gives a creamy and buttery texture and a smooth feel to the liquid eyeliner. Eyeliner is a must-have in your eye makeup collection as it will sharpen your eye pencils before application to get long precise lines.
You can check out some of our proud collections of eyeliners at our Beauty Bliss website.