Since there is least talked about the mascara application, everyone thinks that its application is simple which is actually not the case. There are many unknown mistakes that we commit with mascara application which are described along with their hacks. Read on to know more about how to master the art of Mascara application over time by avoiding these mistakes.
- Incorrect application: Mascara application is not as simple as it seems. Contrary to the belief that this product can be applied by simply swiping a little product on your lashes, it requires precision to add that drama and volume which completes the look. It is important to wiggle the wand right from the base reaching to tips of your lashes. This way the lashes get completely coated with the product to avail right kind of drama and that desired look.
- Applying waterproof formula on a daily basis: This is one of the most common mistakes committed by women. Agreeing to the fact that waterproof mascaras last longer and are smudge-proof, but their application must be restricted only when exposed to water or want to get ready for a beach day. Regular application of such waterproof formula will eventually dry out your lashes which will make them weak and fall out over time.
- Curling lashes post mascara application: It is quite a stress on the lashes when those are curled after mascara application. Since the lashes are wet, they tend to stick to the eyelash curler ad can often get pulled out in the process. Also, additionally if you have completed your eye makeup, there might be a risk when you can ruin your make up in the attempt of curling your lash.
- Sharing the product: This stands true for almost every cosmetic product but eye makeup, especially mascara, is something that should never be shared. When you apply mascara, your wand or mascara brush catches bacteria from your lashes, which will get transferred on second person usage. This continuous deposition of bacteria can lead to eye infections which can be transferred back to the person you are sharing it with.
- Not cleaning the brush: Last but not the least, after each application, you should wipe the brush. Mascaras wands are designed in a way that they often lift more product that actually needed. This end up making the lashes look really clumpy and messy. It is always wise to wipe the excess product off on a tissue before applying it on the lashes to achieve the add the required length and volume.